Returning to Climbing FAQ
When are you open?
Tues 4:00 – 9:00pm
Wed 4:00 – 9:00pm
Thurs 4:00 – 9:00pm
I am a competent adult climber, can I return climbing?
Yes you can, we have introduced a booking system to ensure that the centre keeps to a safe capacity, so you will need to book your climbing slot and so will your climbing partner(s). The climbing slots are 2 hours and start at the following times 4:00pm, 5:00pm, 6:00pm, 7:00pm and 8:00pm. For more information on competent adults returning to the wall click here.
What if I want to climb for more than two hours?
We are anticipating on being quiet over the coming weeks so if you'd like to extend your visit to more than two hours (if you enter at 4pm, 5pm or 6pm) just let us know when you arrive and we will let you know if extending your stay works with our capacity. There will be no difference to your entry cost.
I supervise/belay my child/guest can I still bring them in?
Yes you can, just make sure you book a climbing slot for each person attending. E.g, you are bringing your child in to belay them you need to book a space for yourself and your child.
I am competency tested (14 – 17 year old) can I come climbing again?
Yes, you will have a refresher competency test on your first visit, this does not need to be booked in. Just make sure you book your climbing slot.
Why have you limited the centres capacity?
We have limited the centres capacity to make sure that the centre remains a safe environment for everyone visiting. Because we are a small centre pre-booked time slots enable us to make sure that we can have space for everyone so you don’t waste time travelling to us to then be turned away.
Can I restart my membership?
Yes, you can restart your membership anytime you'd like. Membership for an adult climber is just £24 a month.
Do you still hire kit?
Yes we still hire all kit, sock as mandatory if you are using our climbing shoes and all kit is quarantined for 72 hours after use.
Are you running Young Climbers Club?
Sadly at this time, we are not running Young Climbers Club.
Are you running NICAS 3, 4 and 5?
We are running sessions for those on NICAS Level 3, 4, 5 and the Climbing Team. This session is aimed at focusing on getting back into the swing of things. Social distancing will be followed at all times during these sessions. To find out more click here.
Is the Bouldering Room Open?
Yes the Bouldering Room is open.
What else are you doing to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19?
- We have made adjustments to help with social distancing, for example, you will exit through the main hall instead of returning to reception and there will be spacing markers for entering the centre.
- There are hand sanitising stations around the centre including the entrance and exit.
- The whole of the climbing centre has been re-set with social distancing in mind. You will be able to enjoy all of the routes knowing that you can keep a safe distance from the climber next to you. We have also set a variety of routes to help with everyone's return to the sport.
- Staff have all received training regarding the centres new policies and procedures.
- We have completed a COVID-19 Health and Safety Policy.
- The changing rooms are closed, so please arrive in the clothes you wish to climb in.
- We have an increased cleaning schedule to ensure that all the high traffic areas are cleaning regularly.